& the five informative sites

such well self-explanatory titles HAI DR NG. So, suppose to find 5 educational and informative sites which helped to explain certain new ideas or concepts I came across which is beyond my ken.
Well this is all the more appropriate for me to do, because firstly, I tend to not understand new things very well, and second, I always look to the internet for help. Hooray. Score.

01) Okay first, Wikipedia would top my list. Common as it is, inaccurate as it might sometimes be, it is definitely the most convenient and useful site which I would go to for any new concepts that need explanation. It also compartmentalise information for you like background, examples, history, so it is easy to filter through the information to get to where you want to read. Thumbs up. http://www.wikipedia.org/

02) Is Youtube counted? Media, video and interactivity are very my thing, it really makes learning so much more enjoyable yet memorable. They say a picture paints a thousand words, I say a video paints a million. Youtube is not all entertainment and music, there are actually people who post really informative stuff up there, like Dr Ng, my Chem teacher who posted helpful exam prep podcast ;) http://www.youtube.com/

03) I really like the New York Times. Maybe its the font, maybe its the new york, but whatever it is, it got to be one website that I would enjoy reading if I have to read something really heavy and intellectual. Just search for the keyword which you don't understand, and wham a whole range of articles would appear yay (: http://www.nytimes.com/

04) Science Daily is pretty decent too. It is something like the new york times, just that they report more science facts. Also, for the search engine, they have this matching system whereby they would match the article that would be more relevant to your keyword search, like for example they would mention 63% match and so on, so you would save time by looking at those 90-100% match http://www.sciencedaily.com

05) National Geographic is helpful for its amazing stunning yet informative photographs, which really says a lot if one were to analyse it further. It doesn't just cover the geographic aspect, like it names suggest, it actually ventures into areas such as travel, history, photography and many more. They also have the National Geographic Asia, so its easy to view from an Asian perspective. http://www.nationalgeographic.com/

(:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plugging Into An Electric Vehicle Revolution